Thursday, February 24, 2005

visual writing

What is my strongest connection to writing?
The strongest connection I have to writing is the visual expression of my thoughs and imagination. When an idea pops into my head I like to write it down. I feel like it gives the idea a certain level of validation. That is to say it gives life to my thoughts. It also gives me a chance to process new information and or stimuli. Writing allows me the freedom to move on to another subject. Sometimes I find myself trying to block out things or restrict my thoughts in order to hold on to the idea I have. In this way my brain works like a computer with a finite level of RAM. I like to be able to download information from my RAM to my hard drive (terrible metaphor)in order to process new information. For me thats the greatest connection I have to writing; being able to express in a visual manner a thought in order to move on to another imaginative idea or concept

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home